A guide for development and coaching that we often use (FYI, For Your Improvement) uses 10 performance dimensions that apply in most, if not all, jobs – from entry level right to CEO level.
They provide a great way to look at the top 10 critical dimensions of almost every job and provide a great framework to guide and develop people in their roles.
1. Quantity of work i.e. the quantity or amount of work produced or the sheer volume of work completed by employees – recognises hard-working employees
2. Timeliness of work i.e. timely delivery of work in terms of schedules, meeting deadlines, etc. – recognises employees who produce work on-time and meet deadlines
3. Quality of work i.e. the quality of work produced in terms of standards, errors, waste and rework – recognises employees who produce quality work, work which meets standards and work with few errors or mistakes
4. Use of Resources/Efficiency i.e. produces work in an efficient way in terms of using time, money, materials and other people’s time well – recognises employees who come in on budget with efficient use of time, materials and people
5. Customer (External & Internal) Impact/Value Add i.e. work produced meets the expectations of customers (external or internal) – recognises employees who do work that meets/exceeds internal or external customer standards and expectations
6. Self-Reliance i.e. recognises employees who produce work without the need for extensive supervision – requires a reasonable level of support
7. Department Contribution – the employee is helpful to others in the department in getting work done and sets a tone of co-operation
8. Productive Work Habits – the employee has an overall work style which is effective and productive in terms of time management, setting priorities and following-up on commitments
9. Adding Skills & Capabilities – the employee is continuously adding new capabilities in terms of skills, knowledge, and attitude to get work done in new/better ways and building for the future
10. Alignment & Compliance – the employee behaves in a way that is aligned with the values, culture and mission of the organisation as well as common organizational practices and procedures.
This is a very useful way to consider performance and incorporating the 10 dimensions really adds value to the performance management process.
[maxbutton id=”64″ url=”mailto:%20?subject=10%20Dimensions%20of%20Performance&body=Hi%20%0A%0AI%20found%20this%20interesting%20article%20I%20wanted%20to%20share%20with%20you%20from%20CollierBroderick.%20See%20link%20below%0A%0Ahttps%3A%2F%2Fstaging.cubeconsulting.co%2Finfo-centre%2Forganisation-development%2Fperformance-management%2F10-dimensions-of-performance%2F” ]
How We Can Help You?
We provide employers with support and advice, by phone, email and on-site, for all employment law and HR matters. Our Employment Law and HR Support Service is a must for all employers. Find out more by clicking here
If you are an employer and have any questions, please contact your CollierBroderick HR Advisor, call us on 01 8666426, contact us, or email us on [email protected]
You can also download our brochures below
[maxbutton id=”68″ ] [maxbutton id=”69″ ]